Universities around the world are responding to the need and demand for open educational resources (OERs) in many ways, including publishing open textbooks. But how do you go about launching an open textbook publishing program?
Hosted by the Open Textbook Network, this is the first of a series of three webinars on building an open textbook publishing program. In this video, I discusses the following:
- Would a publishing program further the goals of your unit and/or institution?
- Is there demand on campus for OER publishing services?
- Do you have the resources necessary to start a new program?
- How can you find potential partners, including funders, for open textbook publishing?
- What does an editorially/strategically-driven model look like?
This is a “Once in a Lifetime” webinar and presentation.